Friday, January 4, 2013

A LOVE OF LACE

I have decided that one of the things that brings me the most joy is to be creative. I may not always be very good at it, but I usually find some kind of satisfaction in the process of using my mind, my imagination, and my hands to make something. Maybe it's an inherent quality that comes from a long line of women who demonstrated great skill in sewing, cooking, crocheting, gardening, and such. Or maybe it even comes from a higher power and it's my spirit wanting to follow the example of our creator....the master artist.

I am really going to try to do something creative every day. It might be something simple that will only take 15 minutes. It may be a larger project that will take a few hours, or even a day or more. 

So here goes.........

TODAY'S CREATIVE PROJECT


I took two boring t-shirts that I've had hanging in my closet.

Then, I added a little lace



The finished product.

The heart was simple. Just cut a heart from some lace fabric or something else you have around the house. Tablecloths work great. I cut an old lace shirt. You will need some interfacing or pellon. Decide where you want your heart and position the interfacing/pellon behind the heart and on the inside of the shirt. Pin it good. Then, stitch around the heart.

The shirt with the strip of lace added down the front was super easy. I got the idea from this cute blog. I really love the lace she used, but I just used what I had at the house. I think the next time that I'm out and about, I will have to go lace shopping. 

I made cinnamon rolls today, but that wasn't nearly as fun. I'll save that for another post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment